The tentative plan is....
- wound care and bandage changes for three weeks
- June 3, I see the plastic surgeon to determine what type of surgery to have
- Have surgery to close wound
- be in a brace and stitches/staples for 3 weeks
- Physical therapy after stitches come out
Being home has been a challenge but friends and family are coming over and helping. I have to use my walker to get around. I can not stand that long which makes cooking, cleaning and getting dressed a difficulty. I also can not take the girls out for their romps in the yard or walks like I have been because of walking or bending. Its so discouraging.
I also have to change my bandage two times a day- it is not fun. The gauze ALWAYS gets stuck in the wound, which then you have to wet to peel it off. It is really gross to look and just no fun. HOWEVER, I have successfully changed the bandage twice ALL by myself!! I think I am getting over my queasiness of blood and gross things like open flesh.
I have a BUNCH of appointments coming up that will also make things a little more concrete on the plan.
Here we go to conquer yet ANOTHER adventure....
No comments:
Post a Comment