Yesterday I saw my primary care who was just stunned by everything and feels just awful that this happened. We had to go over all the different doctors I am to see over the next few weeks and get prescriptions squared away and get me set up with the wound care clinic. Now I thought I have experienced just about every type of pain once can experience - well I was wrong. Today I experienced pure torture while I was with nice Katie and wound care today. YIKES. There was a very small area of my wound that is infected and whenever there is a visible infection in the wound on tissue they have to remove it. Lets just say when they nurse says, "hon, this IS going to hurt, prepare yourself." That is NOT A LIE. She had to use little tweezers to pull back part of the skin and then literally scrapped away the infected tissue. I screamed. It caused instant tears AND made me vomit it hurt so bad. It was torture. Pure awful. The good news is after the torture and things were cleaned up.. she said the wound looked GREAT. Nice and red with new tissue already coming in. We then went over the new things I am going to use on the wound and the "game plan" with wound care. Hopefully, infections stay away so I don't have to experience torture like I did today every time I go in.
Please pray for infections to stay away. If things still looked infected when I go in tomorrow I can not get my infusion and I am already a week late with that. Not cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment