Sunday, July 22, 2012

Olive Anne and the bad reaction



My sweet lil Olive Anne had her wellness check up on Thursday. We orginally went bc of her bad allergies which causes her to scratch under her armpits a lot and she had cracked Her dew claw. However, it worked out to make it her full check up! The vet confirmed she is small for a Frenchie but totally healthy and proportional. Said she was curious, a sweetie & lover and tiny but mighty! She is 17.6lbs and 15months old. she ended up getting a shot as well. Things were fine so we headed home.... However shortly after coming home she was on my lap and I noticed a bump on her butt and thought oh must be where she got her shot. Then I noticed two on head. I called the vet and they said BRING HER IN! Soo in a panic I scooped her in my arms

Threw a loose leash on darla and out to the car we went. Sure enough my sweet lil honey was having a horrible reaction to her shot and hives kept popping up EVERywhere and her face started to turn red and swell - I started to freak out and cry bc I got I so scared and nervous. I'm only like 10min away from the vet but it felt like
Forever! At a red light I snapped pictures of her face and couldn't believe how has things were spreading and getting worse. By the time I pulled into the vet she was gagging trying to breathe and her lips & eyes were so swollen she could barely see. I ran her in and a tech literally grabbed her from my hands an rushed her in back. They all told me they were going to take good care of her and to try to relax so I went back out to the car and got Darla. We could hear Olive whimper which I assumed was good but Darla wanted to go in the back. Soon, the tech came out and said she had a horrible reaction, in fact her nose closed up!! I started to cry again. They said they wanted to watch her and asked if I could just hang out for a bit so that's what Darla & I did- sat and waited. About 20min after we got there they brought Olive out to say hi bc she was crying in the back. Her face was still puffy but she looked better. They had to give her three different shots to help and told me she was going to be just fine. We stayed until they closed and then headed home. I was told the shots would make her drowsy and she would be "out of it" the rest of the night and next day... And she was!! She was soo sleepy and extra snuggling. When I woke up the next day all her hives, swelling and redness were gone!! But my oh my what an adventure we had!!

Back at home snuggling on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment