Friday, June 22, 2012

Subbing - top 10

This post was originally written May 21.

Well, for the past week I have been subbing - it has been tiring and different but I have LOVED it. It was great to go back to work and see all my coworkers and the KIDS! Man, have I missed being in a school and all the children and just the school atmosphere. I have been with the younger kids a lot which surprises everyone since I usually am with the "big 5th graders". I was in kindergarten three times, the library, 4th grade and preschool. WOW, its a total different type of energy in kindergarten and preschool but so fun, and VERY LITTLE! I felt like a giant. My cast was like as tall as their little chairs. You also SING a lot in the younger grades a lot! You sing when you come in, when you sit at circle time, wash your hands ect...  They also are NOT afraid to tell you if you do something different or wrong. All the little ones were very very amused by my cast. It also turns out teaching in a cast is really no fun at all! There are tons of fun little stories I could write about instead Im going to write the top 10 things I was told by kindergartners or preschoolers. 

1. "you are NOT Mrs. Williams!" then little kid burst into tears bc I seemed scary
2. "You're like as tall as Monkey!" found out he was at the Zoo the day before
3. "Ms. D your eyes sparkle and you smell like ice cream"
4. 3yr old preschooler who is rubbing my cast looks at me... "Whats inside?!"
5. "umm... Ms D you sang that wrong! Do you know what you're doing?"
6. I accidently stepped on a preschooler with my cast, I said I was sorry his response "eh!? no worries my brothers kick me sometimes, Im ok"
7. "Are you magical?" Me: no, why? "becuase you know ALL our songs"
8. looking at my cast, "So, its like a big boo boo?" me: yes it is "did your mommy kiss it then?"
9. "We have bones in our leg! cool"
10. walking in the hall with kindergarten. the fifth grade is coming the other direction and its my class. A little kindergartner yells out "HA HA we have your teacher and you don't" I laughed. my 5th graders didnt know what to say.

2 comments: