Saturday, June 23, 2012

Grilling!

Well, its SUMMER! 

Officially based on the calendar. It was also just said on the news if the Chicagoland area doesn't get water soon we will be in an official drought! wow. Anyways, with summer comes GRILLING. I LOVE GRILLING. If I could grill every night I would. If I could grill all year long I would! I am not sure why I have such a love for grilling but I do have lots of fond memories from my childhood playing outback in the yard while my dad and brothers grilled. The smells... the food... the company... GOOD TIMES. If you drive around any night now with the windows down you can smell people grilling. Well, one thing I am realizing is that i have watched a lot of morning TV these past months. From this i picked up a few new grilling tricks this year and some great new recipes. Just about every morning I get up, hobble downstairs, turn on ch.5, let the girls out, take my meds, make breakfast and coffee and then sit on leather chair to watch The Today show. Its true. Well, the month May and June there have been lots of segments on grilling. NOW I am not the biggest fan of watching Martha Stewart or Rachel Rays show or even them on TV, for some reason they kinda erk me... however... I DO LOVE their products, magazines and their GRILLING TIPS! Both ladies are very talented at what they do, its very obvious. It is SO nice that they do "easy" cooking. That's what I need. Fast. Easy. Especially with RA & AI, I fatigue fast and can only do so much prep, cooking and clean up. I enjoy cooking its just hard on my body. Lately, id say the past few weeks I have been able to grill on the weekend and I invite some friends and sisters over to help join in the fun or at least help eat what I cook. Cooking for one isn't the funnest, so much more enjoyable with company. Tonight was one of those nights. I tried  Rachel Rays grilling - asparagus and Martha Stewarts garlic potatoes --> yum yum were they good! On Thursday with my cousin and sister i tried making Rachel Rays grilled corn & black bean salad-that was good too. SO, if your like me and like to grill, not the greatest cook, and need some good easy recipes... i highly suggest Rachel Rays Grilling Guide and Martha Stewarts Grilling Recipes as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment