(may 15)
I am so thankful for the nurses at the infusion center and for my sister who listened and took me to ER when I didn't want to go. After my infusion i felt really funny and the nurses took my BP and looked me over and sent me to ER bc of my symptoms. They did CT of my chest, an EKG and tons of labs. Jennifer and I just chilled in ER and waited around. The mood changed when doctor came back and told us that i had multiple blood clots in both lungs. I was instantly put in IV heprin and they did a fast push of one pouch and then started a second drip... I was a hysterical mess and so scared. When we were in ER my sister Started to text family so people could pray... But with that also came lots of questions, fears and worries. We were reassured i was going to be ok because they caught them in time and they were getting blood thinners in me as fast as they could. I was admitted to the hospital about 45min after CT came back. Several people came out to the hospital to see me. I was very anxious, I was so confused, I was mad and a lot of other things. The next day more tests were done and it was confirmed I had multiple clots in each lung and I had two in my right leg. Doctors were amazed that my heart was not effected by the clots and that it was clear. So I am thankful for that! I was in the hospital for five days- And it was the most uneasy I have felt. I hated it. The first days i was hooked to several heart monitors and other devices. There were lots of issues with my Blood pressure as well. It was awful. I still am having a very hard time understanding everything and trying to wrap my head around the fact that several people were worried i might die that Thursday night, even a few doctors. I now have LOTS of appointments to get in order. I am on Coumadin and Lovonax injections. Eventually I'll go off the Lovonax and just be ok Coumadin. This is all so crazy! And may be some time I'll catch a break... I mean seriously... Multiple Clots in BOTH lungs and two in my leg - nutso! But glad we caught them and I'm alive and ok.

No comments:
Post a Comment