Thursday, January 7, 2016

Broken Foot

Sooo my foot is broken, like totally broken... Not a cool way to start 2016 but oh well. People have asked me today what did I do to break it and my respondents - I don't know! Ever since end of November it was bothering me and I told some people it felt like I was walking on a broken foot. I December I had two sets of X-rays taken two weeks apart from each other and nothing shoes up. Then right after Christmas it was still bothering me and getting worse so we did an MRI... And sure enough I had two broken bones! Because oh the holiday and me getting super sick I didn't get to see the orthopedic foot doctor until today. And he is so nice and was funny. He said he had no idea how I've been walking around and I said I have a high pain tolerance. We believe I had to have banged it on something and bc of my bones being more Brittle bc of osteoporosis that it broke. fun.  I went in today thinking I'd get a boot but he was like absolutely not you need to be casted. In true Mandy fashion I tried bargaining with him but he kept saying nope you need to be casted... So I got a pretty purple cast on for at least the next three weeks! Ugh. Which also means no driving. Double UGH. Soooo I had my friend Sandra do a little cast art like she has in the past... She wrote my favorite HOPE on it, we kept it more simple this time but I love it. Well... Here we go cast- heal broken bones heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment