These are the Radiant Adventures of Random Amanda who is living with Rheumatoid Arthritis/Stills Disease and Addisions Disease. Hopefully it will help keep my family, friends and others up to date on how I am doing. This webpage is a record of my personal life experiences. It is not intended for use as a source of health advice. I am not a medical professional.
Saturday, July 6, 2013
Sick and I'm hospital
Well... I hope everyone had a safe & happy fourth! I love that holiday everyone is just happy and having fun with family & friends! So, I have been bummed bc I have NOT been feeling week since I was discharged on Tuesday. I need some prayers that things get better soon, I am hospital and really wanting to leave! I ended up seeing my primary care doctor on Wednesday bc my rash had gotten worse and I started to have diarrhea again. She gave me a game plan and I went home. Well, that night I was up again going to the bathroom constantly and I itched SOOO bad from the rash. Thursday morning I tried to take my medicine and eat a banana and puked it all up, and then continued to dry heave, I also was having horrible pain in my abdomen. I called the doctor and they said I had no choice and had to go to ER. So, my friend Kirk picked me up and dropped me off at ER, where there was no real wait, I got a great nurse and a doctor who "knows" me. He hated what rash looked like and. Was concerned about all the diarrhea and vomiting, so I was give a bag of fluids and meds in ER and then was admitted to hospital. I was MISERABLE. Because I am immunosuppressed I have a hard time fighting infections and can't handle being sick. Dr Chang, who is Gastro doctor and dr rhews husband came and has been treating me. He reran tests for cdiff, did an ultra sound of abdomen to look at things and did a bunch of blood cultures and blood tests. Turns out that I gastroenteritis the kind caused by bacteria/fungus and is infectious, and th bacteria/fungus is also causing my rash. And being on the antibiotic i was on was just making things worse. Getting my Infusion makes me very prone to Bactria and fungal infections that most people can just fight off with no problems, me not so much. I have started a fungal antibiotic cream for the rash which is helping, and meds for all the GI issues. I also have been on morphine to help with all the pain I have in my abdomen. I can not go home until can handle solid food, which I just tried eating. I am so tired of this and can't believe how sick I got and so fast. Because I am sick and have An infection I can't get my infusion either :( I feel very gross and icky and just praying this clears up soon and would appreciate the prayers. I did get a good room and could see fireworks being shot off from like 4 or 5 different locations! I also habe had wonderful nurses.Thanks for the prayers, here is hoping I can eat and go home tomorrow.
Labels:
CDH,
hospital,
medicine,
Other random,
RA
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment