"God Knows." A simple yet powerful reminder. A friend of mines niece got really sick and I followed the moms blog to get updates on the little girl. I was amazed at the moms transparency to everything that was going on and she kept saying "God knows." Which is so true. I don't know. Doctors don't always know. Friends & family don't know, but God knows, so that is what I'm clinging to - God Knows. And so I put my hope and faith in that, because nothing seems to make sense to me and I really don't understand why things are happening.
Went to see Dr Sigalove today and my good friend Lori came with. Sure enough my complicated body seems to complicate things. I have no immune system, I have problems healing and we unfortunately are seeing how this can negatively effect me. Turns out that only 40% of my graft has taken, and there is even the possibility that the skin that is there could end up not staying and sticking as well too - we will know by the end of the week exactly how much will have permanently taken. I don't understand. I don't. Friday things were awesome and looked great... And now... Only 40% has taken and that might not even stay. Stupid body. BUT, God Knows. While in the office Dr Sigalove also, removed about seven staples and the skin that did not take, so the knee/graft site sort of got cleaned up a bit. Now the knee is being bandaged a different way again. The donor site is looking good, and we changed the way that is being bandaged as well too. I need to wear the giant brace/immobilizer for another 5 days. I am doing another week on heavy antibiotics as well too. I will continue to bandage graft site and donor site until July 11. Ill go back to see Dr Sigalove on the 11, and he take the mesh covering off my donor site and remove the other staples. Ugh....BUT... God knows.


No comments:
Post a Comment