Thursday, November 15, 2012

Eyes

On Monday I went to the eye doctor. I went in because my eyes have been REALLY bothering me and its been a year since I went there. Well, they did EVERYTHING to me... I mean everything! I have to get my eyes regularly checked because of the medicine I am on and because of my Sjogrens.
They tested my vision with my current glasses. Found out my prescription is wrong.
getting my vision checked without glasses and finding out new prescription.

I had a total of SEVEN different drops put in my eyes.
dryness testing. Those pieces of "papers" go in your eyes and it measure the amount of tears I produce.

Had my eyes dilated. Had tear plugs put in.
We found out that I have small cataracts in both eyes, this is probably from the prednisone. They are small so we are just keeping an eye on it. It was also turns out that my eyes pretty much don't make ANY tears from the Sjogrens, so I need to do a better job and artificial tears and will stay on Restatasis. I am going to see Optometry to get my glasses and prescription checked and changed. It was SUCH a long appointment and we went over everything.

1 comment:

  1. Mandy,

    THat prednisone is nasty stuff but I understand it manages pain and reactions. Praying for you today, my friend.
    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete