These are the Radiant Adventures of Random Amanda who is living with Rheumatoid Arthritis/Stills Disease and Addisions Disease. Hopefully it will help keep my family, friends and others up to date on how I am doing. This webpage is a record of my personal life experiences. It is not intended for use as a source of health advice. I am not a medical professional.
Thursday, October 11, 2012
Wednesday Dinners
For the past several months on wednesdays I go have dinner with Jess to her moms for dinner. It is great. Kirk, Jess' husband is a youth pastor and wednesdays are his long days because of youth group. So, her mom started having her over for regular dinners...and I started to join in on them. I LOVE it. It is so helpful to have a meal, get out of the house and be with great people who care about each other and me. We pick up Umme (Jessies grandma) and all head over. So there are four generations there at the table... Umme (grandma) Lisa (mom) Jessie & Riley... Lisa is a FANTASTIC cook there has been nothing I have not liked that she has cooked and I always leave STUFFED. Its so yummy. We always have fun playing and watching cute little Riley run around the house. Sometimes Jessie's other sisters will come as well. We all sit around the table eat, talk, tell stories and laugh... its picture perfect. Her family is like another family to me, we have known each other since high school and have been through some high and low points in our lives and I am just so thankful for her friendship. When I was at dinner yesterday with them I was reminded how blessed I am that she is in my life and that her family accepts and loves me.
Labels:
Other random,
random
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So glad you have Jess there. Can I come to Wed dinner, that sounds awesome!
ReplyDeleteCan I come over next week for Wednesday dinner? It sounds great.
ReplyDelete