Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Pain is lonely

If its one thing I have come to realize and accept is that pain is lonely. Being in chronic pain gets really lonely and old, real fast. Who wants to hear how much you ache and hurt? that You always have pain? I have come to learn that in moments when my RA flares up or things are out of the normal painful is when I often feel the most alone. I dont like people to have pity on me or feel bad for me. i dont like to admit people how hard things are and how painful my life is. So, this past month I have tried very hard to ask for help on these painful days and seek out friends who will visit on these hard days. Also trust people when they say they want to visit that they really do want to see me. When I have people around- It helps me. Reminds me I'm not alone despite how my body makes me feel. Having people with me makes me happy and also serves as a great distraction to my pain. So, this hospital visit I have been very thankful for my siblings who have visited, friends who have visited, my mom and phone calls... It has really helped me cope with this nasty flare, especially coming off such a hard last week. Pain is lonely and if people help my pain and don't mind seeing me in pain I'm going to continue to try more and more let people see the raw real painful sick Mandy.
Here are some of the wonderful faces I got to see today!

No comments:

Post a Comment