Friday, October 26, 2012

night sweats

It's currently 2:35am and I just climbing BACK into bed. The girls went "potty outside" and we ALL felt the 30 degree temperature drop! I love the cool crisp air (notice I said cool and not cold). Darla & Olive also love the cooler weather too! It hit 78 these past two days and currently it is 42! Well, I woke up tonight and my clothes and sheets were wet with sweat - ugh. We do not like these diseases. So, since changing the sheets on my bed is hard for me, I pulled the covers back and pointed my fans on them while I went downstairs to take some pain meds and let the girls out. MedcineNet.com says "In order to distinguish night sweats that arise from medical causes from those that occur because one's surroundings are too warm, doctors generally refer to true night sweats as severe hot flashes occurring at night that can drench sleepwear and sheets, which are not related to an overheated environment." I use to get night sweats a lot during the first year or so living with all this crap but now if I get them I usually get it on nights before I need my infusion (which would be the case) or when I have a RA flare. Oh the joys! Tomorrow the sheets will get changed but for now drying them out with a two fans is the way we are going! Hope everyone has slept well!

No comments:

Post a Comment