Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Its hit me

So, it has been one month since I resigned and its finally catching up with me... and its hard. My new reality is slowly sinking in more and more that I am DONE teaching full time in a classroom with 20 something kids - its hard, its strange, its weird and makes me sad. I miss seeing my friends at work. I miss lesson planning and creating things...but mainly I miss the hustle and bustle of all the kids, the laughter of the kids, the learning that happens with the kids... I miss it. But I know resigning was the right thing. My poor body is fighting so hard and I need to take care of it and help it as much as possible. I have moments where I don't want to get of bed because I don't see the point, or moments where I just want to cry because I am so sad. I get so mad and frustrated at the diseases I have and how much they have taken over and ruined parts of my life. Then I remember things will be ok. I am ok and my needs will be taken care of.

"So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today." Matthew 6:34

 I am still waiting to hear from TRS on the status of my disability papers but at this point am still waiting, which is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment