Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Going Back...Teaching!

Well... both doctors have filled out my medical release forms for me to GO BACK TO WORK this fall. Yup. 5th Grade here I come. I am SO excited, and also beyond nervous about it. It will be nice going back to work having all my energy back and feeling more like me again. I am just nervous about my joints and the pain I will most likely encounter. However, I work with amazing people who are supper supportive and my classroom is all set for me to be able to sit at various places around the room. We also have my other accommodations in place as well.

This week has gotten me very excited about work because on Monday I got to together with five girls from work to hang out, catch up and have dinner together. It was SO much fun and I forgot how much I really enjoy their company. Then On Tuesday I went to a conference all day on science and teaching with the common core. It was from 8:00am -1:00pm I got up at 6:30am, took care of the dogs, took care of myself :) and then was out the door by 7:!5am! The best part of the day... my morning stiffness was gone within 15-20min and it was a really hot and humid day! I felt great!
 The conference was good. The keynote speaker was a little on the slow/boring side but that's probably because he had SO much information and data to present and just read it off a power point. However, I really enjoyed the breakout sessions. We did some really neat hands on activities with mirrors and made a kaleidoscope. Then we also talked about different strategies to incorporate the common core standards into science using their curriculum.
Then TODAY my dear friend and coworker Morgan came over. We went over my schedule for the fall-which is fantastic. I have a "break" every morning at 10:30 and then my kids have gym at the end of the day! Then we went over subject by subject on what things are staying the "same" and which stuff is "new". It was sort of overwhelming and I kind of in some ways feel like a new teacher but I am excited. I love to read, plan and create lessons so am excited to start to dive back into that - its just a lot! WOW. I also realized i have not TAUGHT in my classroom since thanksgiving! That is insnane. Besides the two weeks of subbing in may I haven't taught since then. So... now I will begin meetings with the district to go back, start planning things and then setting up the classroom!! Here we go... or at least we will try!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! I am so excited for your kids to have you-- and for you to have them this year. I'm praying for peace in all your preparations. Love, Annie

    ReplyDelete