Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Ouch!

So today was a bit of a crazy doctor day! Sheesh

But anywho I saw another new doctor, an orthopedic who specializes in hands. He was VERY nice & extremely detailed - I was impressed & approve. He showed me my hand X-rays, very cool... Yet sad. Cool bexuase of digital X-rays so they can zoom in & out and hey X-rays are neat! Sad... Because we see how my thumbs and wrists have deviated and how my joints in mcps and pips (hopefully getting right) joints are being eaten away. They are not quite bone on bone like thumbs but getting there. We did lots of examining and talking...
Today we did cortisone/kenallog injections in my index/pointer fingers. OH.MY.WORD. Did it hurt!!! Wow!! and I mean wow! It's now 9hours later and still sore. But I am hoping they help!! I am going to continue OT every other week to keep an eye on hands and wear my splints and braces. I'll go back in a month to see him.

No comments:

Post a Comment