Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Polka Dot Rash

So on Monday I went to the dermatologist for yet another wart treatment. Well, while I was the other rash I get was present - red polka dots that are every where and itch. I showed the doctor and he of course knew exactly what it was - follicullitis. Which is inflammation of hair follicles. Yup. This rash is also known as barbers itch or hot tub rash - icky!!! I got because of my compromised immune system and because of biologic I'm taking. The good thing is it is "harmless" it's just looks really gross and itches. Fortunately, my doctor gave me a prescription antibiotic cream that feels very nice and it helping. Sooo crazy but at least I know what it is now.

2 comments:

  1. AND it's nice that it is treatable with a topical cream.... but still no fun!

    ReplyDelete