Wednesday, October 12, 2011

145-27-29 World Arthritis Day

So, today I was blown away with support from my siblings, cousins, friends, coworkers who double as friends because of messages I was given and all the BLUE and purple they wore in honor of me and my fight with RA. It was all apart of World Arthritis Day.

There were a lot of people who also posted my numbers in honor me. "the numbers" were to gain notice/attention to one of Thr main myths that people with obesity get autoimmune arthritis or that arthritis can be caused by obesity. Sooo the first number is my weight @onset of disease, 2nd number is age of onset and 3rd number is current age. When the "day" is over there is going to be a GIANT average of everyone who participated. These numbers will help bring awareness to different foundations and also to certain individuals in high profile who have agreed to these "myths" More of this can be explained at: http://www.iaamovement.org/Home_Page.html
The other part of this was to write your onset story. I have not actually written it before but I will work on posting it. BUT I can say, since my onset RA/Stills has drastically effected my life in every way.

Tonight Megan, Justine & Vanessa and I all went to massage envy to participate in their promo for an hour massage and $10 of every massage went to The Arthritis Foundation. It was fun to all go together and then wr all felt good when we left!

Here are some of pictures of the day! Including friends, family and dogs sportin blue!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! What wonderful support you have! This is wonderful.

    Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog so that I could find yours. I saw that you too come from a large family. I also was a 5th grade teacher for five years. And, I also love the little things in life. Interesting. I am so glad I will be learning more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Cathy said! I can't imagine having that kind of support.

    Thanks for participating in this event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do have good support!

    Cathy: we do have a lot in common. I've been reading your blog for awhile, just was "shy" to say anytng, thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. <3 How could we not support your quest to overcome/survive with as much normalcy as possible/destroy misconceptions this disease?

    You support all of us on a daily basis.

    XO!

    ReplyDelete