Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Rheumatology

This morning I saw my Rheumy... It was one of those appointments where I left and wasn't sure if I should be happy, sad, mad ect. I was happy to hear my blood work and inflammation markers were "good" NOT happy to hear how hard work is on my body. We took some new baseline measurements of joints. We also can not wait for the new year so I can start OT again for my poor beat up hands!

We are also pleased medication wise how things are YET are curious about a new drug that the FDA approved here in the states called Actemra. It's been used in Europe & Japan and has had lots of positive feedback from patients especially patients with Stills Disease. So, I'm doing some more looking into it and my older brother is as well. Helps having doctors in the family. Actemra is an infusion, not a shot so... Hey... We've don't self injection pen shots, prefilled shots, and ones that I fill WHY not try this? My doctor is just curious to see if I could benefit even more on actemra then being on Kineret.

Soo we shall see what lies ahead.


And who doesn't like snuggly sleeping French Bulldogs?

No comments:

Post a Comment