Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Dual Flare

Well... What a strange week. Talk about an adventure! I woke yesterday in pain - normal. Not normal that it was the majority of my joints! Put my feet on the ground and starting puking. Got super dizzy and knew- no work today. Make a looong strange short. I ended up seeing my PCP in early afternoon bc I couldn't tell if it was my RA, the adrenal insfuffincy or me getting sick. I was tested for flu and came back negative. We thought let's see how next 24hrs go but we both were dreading and thinking it was the start of a flare. I went home. Crawled into bed and slept more... When I woke my pain about tripled and I was nauseous and dizzy again. Did what I could at home to manage things and it just kept getting worse and worse. Soooo I knew I needed to go to hospital. Jen & Matt were the first to answer their phone so Jen took me. There will be posting about the nurse character we met at another time :) but Nurse Greg was a treat! I ended up being admitted and will most likely go home Friday afternoon. But I am in a dual flare. The Addisons Disease and RA-- NOT FUN at all!!! The good thing is I got to the ER in time and had a good doctor in ER that we were able to jump on top of RA from having my organs get inflamed. So, I'm back at CDH - which is more like a hotel because Of new renovations. We are managing joint pain, and adrenal insfuffincy issues. I'm very uncomfortable and in lots of pain... But hanging in there.

Here is a picture of new room and bathroom! Each room also has flatscreen tv!

No comments:

Post a Comment