Well.. I said I would be back so here I am. The past two months have been some of the most trying days I have had, and I am so thankful that they are over and in the past. Here is a brief rundown of what went on...
In January I had surgery on my hand/fingers. Surgery was successful and I started OT. However, three weeks after surgery I had a "hole" in my thumb that was not healing from my the incision. It was considered a "non healing wound." Because of this I had to have ANOTHER surgery for them to fix the "hole" and restitch it close. Since, I needed another surgery it put off my RA infusion/Medication. The second surgery the stitches were going to need to stay in for three weeks -- meaning I would have to go a total of seven and half weeks with NO Actemra Infusion (which is my miracle RA medication) RA meds suppress your immune system and hinder the healing process. IT WAS AWFUL. Every day my RA symptoms got worse. I ended being hospitalized the week before my infusion was due and stitches were to come out because the pain was so bad. My eyes got really affected by the sojgrens and I got this awful eye infection while in the hopstial along with a UTI. I was in some of the worse pain ever. I wanted to die. I didn't think I Would be able to hack it...but I did. I got my infusion two weeks ago and slowly have been "coming back from the land of the the dead." I am due this coming Thursday April 4th for my infusion, which should really help me get to back a some sense of normally again. I am so thankful for all my friends and family who rallied around me and helped me through the difficult time. I guess we REALLY know that Actemra is the right medicine for me.
Today I am doing well. My eye is doing better, we took out the tear plug becuase I am making tears! My cataracts have gotten worse and my vision has drastically changed in my right eye, so we are keeping an eye on some things with that. I hurt like normal RA aches and pains. My knees are really bothersome but I am taking it one day at a time. Because I hit rock bottom I feel like I have to start over with things, which I guess is ok... the weather is changing, so I will change with it. I am trying to take little walks every day and on Thursday managed to get to the pool. I really need to work on my stamina, strength and just trying to do more... so baby steps.
So... hopefully I be back to blogging a little more.
I am excited for this weekend, weve got family in town, a baby shower and easter! Fun times!!
No comments:
Post a Comment