These are the Radiant Adventures of Random Amanda who is living with Rheumatoid Arthritis/Stills Disease and Addisions Disease. Hopefully it will help keep my family, friends and others up to date on how I am doing. This webpage is a record of my personal life experiences. It is not intended for use as a source of health advice. I am not a medical professional.
Friday, January 4, 2013
Left knee
Today I went and saw orthopedics for my left knee. We talked about the arthritic changes in my knee over these past months, torn MCL and just other crap that goes with Kees and RA. I know I need a new knee but really don't have it in me to do another total knee any time soon. Due to wear most of the damage is the knee braces don't really help. I just need new parts of my knee, need to strengthen te muscles around the knee and become more active. To help we decide to do another round of what I call "jelly injections." It's a series of three REAlLY large injections that go right under knee cap that help "lube" up the joint and make some cushion in the joint since its bone on bone in parts and has changes. I had a series done in July. They are to help with the function of joint and hopefully take away some pain. I was NOT expecting to have these injections today so went to appointment by myself and Wowsa I forgot how BIG and PAINFUL the injections are - ouch ouch ill go back the next two Thursdays for another injection and will be having a buddy come along for sure! My knee hurts tonight - it's sore and feels tight, which is normal. So, let's hear it for Orthovisc Injections! We want some relief and want to out surgery off.
Labels:
medications,
RA
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment