These are the Radiant Adventures of Random Amanda who is living with Rheumatoid Arthritis/Stills Disease and Addisions Disease. Hopefully it will help keep my family, friends and others up to date on how I am doing. This webpage is a record of my personal life experiences. It is not intended for use as a source of health advice. I am not a medical professional.
Friday, September 14, 2012
Labs and Bone Scan
Yesterday I spent a some time at the clinic. I had to do labs for rheumatology, endocrinology and for primary care - it was a lot of tests and I was thankful I could do it all at once! I think they took nine vials of blood. I had the good nurse who got my vein on the first try! Always a plus. (pictures below) I also had a bone scan done- those are painless just take time.
Well, today I got the results. Luckily I am seeing all the doctors here within the next two weeks so I can actually talk to them. However, my liver levels are still elevated so for a little bit I am going to stop the methotrexate injections. I am happy about this because I hate methotrexate but at the same time nervous because it is helpful and not sure how body will react to not having the medicine. However, there are patients who just do Actemra infusions and no methotrexate- which is the hope for me! So here we go trying. My cholesterol is also still elevated but has increased that much so we are going to wait two more months to see if anything changes. For the past two year I have also been under watch for diabetes and lately my levels are showing I am EXTREMELY borderline for having diabetes do we will test it again next month and if it increases then I'll have to start treatment for diabetes but right now im just considered pre -diabetic. My c-peptide is high, which measures your body insulin- meaning my pancreas is working overtime to try to keep my blood sugars stable. However, my bone scan can back normal and improved with our last one!! So a little good news I can stop taking a drug called fosamax. LOTS of information today!!! Sheesh
Labels:
AI,
medication,
RA
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment