The month of April did not start off too hot and isn't ending to great either. Seeing as now that it is May here are some of the crazy things that happened in April...
- I spent a week in the hospital with the worst pain of my life - no joke, I got shingles, and apparently I have them pretty darn bad. While in the hospital I was give NINE bags of antiviral meds, then spent two more weeks on antibiotics and meds. The awful thing with this is I missed my infusion, so that was delayed for two weeks as well - sucky. So my RA pain started to flare up, which is never any fun and means I was put back on prednisone because well thats all my body can take. The only good thing I could think of was that we know infusions are working because man did I miss it!
- I had my fourth infusion. It went like the other ones, there were no real surprises... however I got this infusion in the afternoon, which was not any fun becuase I was anxious/nervous wreck all morning. Also, my side effects from the infusion kicked in later at night too. So, we have noted no more infusion in the afternoon.
- I am NOT back at work like I had hoped to be. It sucks. To make a bunch of craziness and crap short, I am not going back to work until I can be full time.
- I did another drug challenge with Dr. M with the drug Celebrex. Apparently, there are "two sides" with antinflamatories and this was the other side. Everyone seemed to be hopeful that I would not be allergic to this since I was allergic to Naproxen. WELL, in true Mandy fashion I AM allergic to it, and very allergic to in fact. I got this horrible ALL over body rash, got super duper dizzy and my mouth got all tingly. Jennifer was with me and kept me "cool" as I downed benadrly and prednisone to calm down the reaction. It was nutty. SO, this means NO nsaids for me.
-I have had thrush for THREE weeks!! i dont think there needs to be any other explanation to that.
-my heart has been up and down all month- which too has sucked. We have changed my heart medicaiton around too.
- I have had SOOOOOO much blood work done this month, im surprised my veins still work.
-My liver is under big time watch becuase of enzymes changing from the infusions. If they get too low, I will have to stop Actemra (infusion) and go back on Kineret my daily injections.
As I sit here and remember this past month, it really has been a pretty poo poo month. HOWEVER, with each thing I write down I also remember how my different family members helped here, how my friends came over multiple times or picked me up to get me out of my house, how the little people in my life show up and perfect times and shower me with love... I really do have amazing support with my friends, cousins, and family.. well and my little fur kids. So, I am glad to have made it through April and hoping that May really does bring some nice flowers my way :)
No comments:
Post a Comment