There have been many things I have been reading where people are looking back at 2011. A lot of blogs I follow did a "look back" on there medical statistics of things. I thought, what the heck lets take a look at mine, which is very easy to do because my medical group has an online chart I access with my information. So, its very depressing to look at and NO WONDER I feel like a professional patient and feel like my managing my health is my real full time job - because it is. Here are some stats of living with Still' Disease/RA, Sojgrens and Addison's Disease... not to mention normal health issues.
Total Number of Doctors I see: 10: Primary Care, Rheumatology, Cardiology, Endocrinology, Allergy, Dermatology, Orthopedics, Opthamology, Optometrist, Urology
Total Number of OFFICE Visits: 78 (these include allergy shot and nurse visits) 15, were with Rheumatology, 17 with primary care
Scheduled Blood Draws: 18
Procedures Done: angiogram, right total knee replacement, muscle biopsy, nerve biopsy
Overnight Hospital Stays: 10
Other: 9 xrays, 6 ultra sounds, 2 MRIs, 7 EKGs
Occupational & Physical Therapy Visits - 60 visits, i used the maximum because of surgery
Needles to say... 2011 was a CRAZY CRAZY medical year!! WOW. I am just soo thankful I have a great team of doctors who all work together. Great family and great friends. Here is to 2012... oh what adventures will we encouter?!

Is that a Freudian slip-- "Needles" to say instead of "Needless"? And no wonder!
ReplyDeleteHere's to a different 2012.
Love,
Annie