Well... One of these days I'll post about conferences and the crazy week that I some how got through.
Well, well, well... I've been paying for it all this thanksgiving.
Tuesday Evening/wednesday morning I went into the ER bc of HORRENDOUS pain in my joints! My heart and lungs hurt - I wanted to die pain just was so bad. And I was dizzy and felt off with AI. Due to the holiday and all the crazy sicknesses in the hospital the doctor nor I wanted to be admitted. I was given steroids for AI, pain meds and fluids. Then i was given a pain patch as well, since I see my Rheumy on Tuesday. We wanted to kill down pain levels and keep me out of hosptial. Felt ok with the plan and better when we left very early that morning.
Thanksgiving. Watched parade. Chilled. Ate dinner with family but coulnt take it and broke down shortly after eating because my nerve pain was so bad and left early.
Friday night during family game night I got super dizzy and felt a little off. Woke up middle of night, threw up a few times, diarrhea and passed out. Happened again around 4am. Then 7:30am the AI injection was given. Not much improvement so around 9:30 headed back to ER because the AI was out of control. Once there given fluids, steroids, anti nausea and some pain meds. Few hours later left. Saturday just hung low.
Meanwhile... The "flu bug" started around my family.
This morning the bug hit me and hard. Ended up throwing my arms up in the air not sure what to do. Meds at home for nausea not helping. Puked up all my RA and AI meds... But really te hospital again? Called into my primary care office and was shocked that my actual doctor was the on call doctor! So nice! Well, sure enough i was instructed to go in, we can't take risks and I was becoming dehydrated. For the THIRD time this break I went back to the ER. Where I got another IV, MORE fluids, another injection for AI, another injection for pain bc of RA... Soooooo frustrating!!!!!
So... My holiday break has not been a break really. I'm now even more tired than before, exhausted and still in pain. AND will be missing more work. Poop.
At least they got my IV in on first try!


No comments:
Post a Comment