The weather last week was very strange and we had a drastic temperature change in the beginning of the week and Sunday I tapered down on my hydrocortisone. We think that this was part of the problem, now looking back at the events.
Tuesday around lunch time I started to feel "funny" at work. I kept an eye on things but knew something was off. Around 130ish I knew it was my AI acting up. I was dizzy, felt nauseous, got light headed when i changed positions. It was BAD and was just going down hill. I called Thr nurse who came to my room and I ended up having to give myself my injection at work!! It was crazy. Long story I was ok ended up staying a little later at work until things settled. Well, when I came home work I got another surprise at home- Olive was a swollen mess!!! She had these bubbly bumps everywhere, here eyes were swollen, face red and droopey... Not good. Rushed her to the vet, where turns out she had a huge allergic reaction to something- they think bees. She must of gotten into them in the morning and reaction got worse throughout the day!! She stayed at the clinic until close, they gave her a steroid injection and Benadryl. Soo scary! Then that night I was up every hour or so with my fever and rashes- Sooo not cool.
Wednesday I managed to go to work. I was sore and tired but love teaching. After school i saw dermatology for my rash and wart. They burned and froze my wart again - which felt like hell!! While there my heart acted up and lungs went a little nutty. I also threw up all over the doctor. So, he called the cardiologist And we made a "plan" for the night to try to stay out of the hospital. I had different people come keep me company and help with things until 10:30 and meds worked. Yea big family who could take shifts to watch me.
Thursday was doctor day, i took te day off because I had three appointments. I saw the new doctor for my back- it was NOT pleasant, and I did NOT like seeing her. She does know her stuff and what she is doing and gave me two injections which were helpful. But I'll write more about my back and hips later. After seeing the new doctor I had lab work done. Then I had an allergy appointment and had my allergy shot. I was sooooo tired!!
Friday and Saturday I was WIPED from the crazy week. Didn't do much. Saturday evening and Sunday i got nauseous again and my mouth full of sores - damn methotrexate. Sooo it was a crazy week.
We (doctors and i) adjusted some medicine to help the AI. We also talked about my temperature intolerance and how with the cold weather coming I needed to review all what goes with it. I just need to be careful and remember to take precautions.
Im trying. It's hard. It's painful. But I'm trying. I wish things would get easier- boy do I.
Here is Olive from Tuesday's allergy issue.
And the never ending wart after it was frozen/burned.




No comments:
Post a Comment